by iamchanelle. makes 1 dozen
the addition of a little white whole wheat flour makes these muffins a little nuttier in flavour, which really adds a nice element to all that delicious earthy cinnamon.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk (i used almond milk, yummm)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted (i have tried apple butter here, but found these particular muffins already too heavy, and they did not release well from the wrappers – i recommend good old fashioned butter, if you can. results in a lighter muffin.)
- 1 cup toasted walnut pieces, optional.
- cinnamon sugar to top, not optional. 😉
preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
line 1 muffin tin with paper liners.
sift together flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. in a separate bowl, whisk together milk, melted butter and egg.
slowly incorporate into flour mixture, just until moistened.
stir in walnuts, if desired.
scoop into muffin papers, and sprinkle tops liberally with cinnamon sugar.
bake in preheated oven 18-20 minutes, or until tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
serve warm with a pat of sweet cream butter.
hope you enjoy this little recipe i created for you.