Dearest Gourmet, what are you doing to my heartstrings? (And my waist line?)
Could there BE any more recipes I have fallen in love with from this month’s issue?
Oh, Gourmet, how I love thee.
With each page turned, you tantalized me,you commanded my undivided attention and affection from the first mention of your Apple Galette to the savory promise of your Roasted-Vegetable and Wine Sauce, to your sweet little teasing Mini Cider Doughnuts.
I am completely under your spell.
I have literally placed post-it notes on all the following recipe pages, found in the november 2007 issue of Gourmet Magazine, and have every intention of Making. Them. ALL.
- Cranberry Bars, page 14
- Roasted-Vegetable and Wine Sauce, page 86
- Bittersweet Chocolate Pecan Pie, page 88
- Pastry Dough, page 90
- Apple Galette, page 90
- Butternut Squash with Pumpkin Seed Pesto, page 119
- Pinto Bean Mole Chili, page 136
- Hickory-Bacon and Roasted Corn gougères, page 158
- Coconut Tart, page 173
- Ricotta Tart with Dried Fruit Compote, page 185
- Gratineed Mustard Creamed Onions, page 198
- Pumpkin Plum Tart (about which Ruth Reichl states in her editorial as being “…hands down, the best pumpkin pie I’ve tasted in my entire life.”), page 199
- Cider Mini Doughnuts, page 210
My love and I will be busy for a while.